My first bike trip to Rosemala,Kerala,India

hi,
            This is my first blog that i am ever creating in my life and i decided to start it with one of the most memorable and valuable day of my life. That is my first bike ride to Rosemala. I love to ride my bike and i have done many rides before this. But what makes this special is that it was the first ride that i did on my own bike. I own a pulsar 180.
             Rosemala is located about 15 km deep into the forest from Aryankavu, a place in the kollam district of kerala. Rosemala is one of the less explored eco tourism spots in Kerala, that's because it is deep inside a forest and getting to the top is not an easy task.
          I did this journey when i was doing my degree with some of my classmates at the time. There were around 16 of my friends when we started planning for the trip but only 9 showed up at day of the trip, as most of the trips. We traveled by 5 bikes with two people in 4 and 1 in mine. 


                  We all reached the set destination for our starting place(paripally petrol pump) at around 8:30, which is where i realized that i took my digital camera i owned at the time but not the batteries for them. After a few laughs and them ripping on me about that, we started our trip at around 8:45. The ride till aryankavu (where the mountain road begins) was not any different from any bike riding experience in kerala as this was only 99 KM away from my home. We didn't stop anywhere till aryankavu since we all fueled up from paripally petrol station ( where we started the trip). So we stopped for some few drinks and to but bottled water as there might be no shops as we go into the forest.
                 After spending around 15 there, we started to go into the forest. That was when the fun began. As we progressed on our journey, the trees around us started getting more dense and the road condition started to get worst. There were no shops or residence as we expected as we progressed to the top. The forest road leading to Rosemala was steep and winding. There were several mountain streams on the path through the thick forest tracts. But we managed to cross the without any major difficulties.






Not me riding the bike






                      After some photo sessions along the rout inside the forest, we reached the top. And the view from top of the mountain was just wonderful. We could see the vastness of the Thenmala Dam in its entirety from top of the mountain.


                       There was a tall tower at the top of the mountain where we can climb up for a much better and amazing view, but because of my fear of heights, i decided to enjoy the view from the top of the hill.






                     We spend around 45 mins at the top of the mountain. Then as many families and other groups of people started to came, we left. The way down the hill was more challenging than climbing it, as the roads are vert steep and slippery. But we managed to reach the bottom with out facing any problems. We reached back where we started our journey by around 4:30 in the evening. We spend some time there chitchatting and sharing the photos we took to each other,(because i forgot to take the batteries for the camera, we couldn't take any high quality images). Then as it reached dusk and light started to dim, we said farewell and separated to our own homes.

                   This is my first time writing a blog so if there is any mistakes in the blog, i apologies and is more then willing to accept any kind of valuable opinions and guides for improving myself in the future. Have you ever been to rosemala? please share your experience with me.
Thank you!

Rosemala: https://www.keralatourism.org/kerala-article/rosemala-eco-tourism-spot/466

Comments

Post a Comment